Concept of human rights
For CDHAL, human rights are synonymous with the dignity of all human beings regardless of their sexual, ethnic, social or religious differences. We therefore have a comprehensive interpretation of human rights that leads us to defend the rights of:
- Villagers who have been displaced by force of arms.
- Workers who are exploited in maquiladoras.
- Indigenous peoples who are discriminated against and whose territories are violated.
- Women who are victims of systematic violence.
- The victims of repression and impunity (trade unionists, human rights defenders, peasant leaders, feminists, etc.)
- Communities engaged in struggles against development projects that have negative social, environmental or economic consequences.